Judge Massei Sentencing Report     The Meredith Kercher Fund     The Murder Of Meredith Kercher Wiki     True Justice For Meredith Kercher     Judge Nencini Sentencing Report 

Last visit was: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:33 am
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:33 am
All times are UTC

KNOX-SCRATCH OR HICKEY?

Moderators: Nell, Michael, Moderators

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]

Offline Ergon

Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:05 am   Post subject: KNOX-SCRATCH OR HICKEY?   

As noticed by the police, and testimony in court.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Top Profile E-mail 

Offline Ergon

Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:12 am   Post subject: Re: KNOX-SCRATCH OR HICKEY?   

The Machine: SOURCE:

Quote:
The mark on Amanda Knox's neck was brought up at the trial. Judge Massei mentions it in his report:

The mark on her neck that appeared in a photo from those days that was published on the Internet, was "a love bite" (page 107). (The Massei report, page 72).

According to John Follain, Napoleoni questioned Laura about it:

"Questioned by Napoleoni, Laura said, 'I absolutely rule out that it could have been a love bite or an injury other than a scratch.'

Laura also spoke about when she testified at the trial:

The American woman accused of killing British student Meredith Kercher had a scratch on her neck hours after the death, an Italian court has heard.

Laura Mezzetti, who shared a flat with Amanda Knox and Miss Kercher in Perugia, said she had been concerned.

She said she noticed the mark "because it was known that Meredith had been killed by a wound to her neck".
Miss Knox, 21, and ex-lover Raffaele Sollecito, 24, deny murder. Her lawyer downplayed the evidence's significance.

Miss Mezzetti told the court: "I was afraid that Amanda, too, might have been wounded, I was worried and I looked at it really intensely."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7890860.stm
Top Profile E-mail 

Offline Ergon

Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:15 am   Post subject: Re: KNOX-SCRATCH OR HICKEY?   

louiehaha:Source:
Quote:
Hi rep, welcome.

There was testimony at the trial about the scratch.

Amanda testified on June 9, 2009: “The last questions from Mr. Ghirga were regarding the scratch (or bruise) on Knox‘s neck, which was clearly visible in a picture of Knox outside the cottage just after Kercher‘s body was discovered. As indicated by prior testimony, the scratch was also seen by two others who had testified to its presence. Knox told the court that it was a hicky from Sollecito. In the background, Kercher family lawyer, Francesco Maresca, shouted, ―Is it a scratch from Meredith?‖ Knox responded, ―A hickey from Raffaele.‖ With that, Mr. Ghirga said, ―For now, I‘ve finished,‖ and he took his seat.” Savive, Will (2011-03-12). The Study Abroad Murder: Trial of the Century (p. 161). Del-Grande Publishing Inc.. Kindle Edition.

One of the two others was Laura Mezzeti, who testified on Day 5 of the trial (February 14, 2009):
"Amanda had a wound to her neck and I noticed it because it was known that Meredith had been killed by a wound to her neck. I was afraid that Amanda, too, might have been wounded. I looked at it really intensely. - Laura Mezzetti

“Laura described the wound as ―vertical, less than 1-centimeter thick, and red in color.‖ Knox‘s lawyer suggested the mark may have been a love bite or ―probably a hickey. But Laura disputed this, saying that the scratch was different from a love bite or hickey, as those would be ―purple and more-round,‖ she stated.“ Savive, Will (2011-03-12). The Study Abroad Murder: Trial of the Century (p. 98). Del-Grande Publishing Inc.. Kindle Edition.

I'm not sure who else gave testimony, someone here is bound to know though.
Top Profile E-mail 

Offline tamale

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:49 pm   Post subject: Re: KNOX-SCRATCH OR HICKEY?   

Interesting that Laura commented on it.

Looks like a scratch to me. Is that how the hair got into the hand of Meredith? (rhetorical). I could imagine a fingernail making that kind of scratch.
Top Profile 

Offline Ergon

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:43 am   Post subject: Re: KNOX-SCRATCH OR HICKEY?   

The scratch shown in the picture is (ETA: less than) a week old. (Post below) Laura testified how it looked like when it was fresh. The hair would have got in Meredith's hand during the struggle.
Top Profile E-mail 

Offline crumpet

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:17 am   Post subject: Re: KNOX-SCRATCH OR HICKEY?   

The judge asked Aida Colantone (one of the translators) if the injury to Amanda Knox's neck was present on November 4th and she confirms that it was. Here is a preliminary extract from the translation of her testimony with regard to the scratch: “I realized that this girl was really worn out, exhausted, she was tired because I found her leaning on the chair with her head tilted towards the wall, white-faced with eyes closed, white, and I was greatly affected by the pallor of her face, and I realized that this girl was not feeling well. Precisely at that moment, besides the pallor of the face and neck, I noticed a red mark on her neck that has stayed printed in my mind ...”
Top Profile E-mail 

Offline Ergon

Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:26 pm   Post subject: SOLLCITO CUT   

Large high definition photo

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Top Profile E-mail 

Offline Ergon

Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:39 am   Post subject: ORIGINAL PHOTO: KNOX-SCRATCH OR HICKEY?   

Original picture of Knox's scratch. This relates to Laura Mezetti's deposition http://themurderofmeredithkercher.com/d ... i-1200.pdf but the photo is not attached to the deposition. Found on a Lalli disc not yet in the Wiki. One the many ‘to-do-on the Wiki’ list of things, when we can get around to it.

Date taken: 2007-11-06 1:30 PM according to the EXIF information.

Top Profile E-mail 
 Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]