Judge Massei Sentencing Report     The Meredith Kercher Fund     The Murder Of Meredith Kercher Wiki     True Justice For Meredith Kercher     Judge Nencini Sentencing Report 

Last visit was: Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:41 pm
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:41 pm
All times are UTC

PERUGIA MURDER FILE RULES

Moderators: Nell, Ergon, Michael, Moderators

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]

Offline Michael

Site Admin

Highscores: 113

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:31 am   Post subject: PERUGIA MURDER FILE RULES   

PERUGIA MURDER FILE RULES

1. Read these simple rules before posting, and refer to them whenever you are in doubt as to whether or not you really want to hit the “submit” button.

2. Read/catch up on what’s been posted on the board before posting, whether it is your first time or your first time today. This is a good way to avoid asking questions that have already been answered and making points that have already been raised.

3. Strive for clarity. Think before you write and proofread before you post using the preview function. Use punctuation and bullet points; separate your paragraphs with a line return; if your post is long, take the time to divide it into paragraphs.

4. Resist the temptation to use ALL CAPS. It raises the perceived aggression level of your post considerably and makes you look like a ranting hysteric.

5. Use formatting codes and smilies. These options can make your message easier to decipher and more interesting to read. Italics and underscore are good for adding stress; bold is nice if you want your key message to stand out. Smilies let people—or a particular person know you’re kidding—but don’t use them to “hide” an intentionally snarky comment. People aren’t stupid.

6. Correct and acknowledge errors. If you see that you have made an error, correct it. If you see that someone else has, correct that person gently and succinctly. If necessary, use the quote function to refer to your error. The moderator can then delete erroneous posts.

7. Respect others. Personal attacks, the use of profanity just for the hell of it, and any threatening/abusive/offensive posts are not acceptable. If you disagree with someone, do so in a spirited manner but respectfully. Remember that anonymity plus audience can lead people to excesses they would never allow themselves in a face-to-face encounter. This works both ways. Police yourself, but pay attention to the possibility that someone else may have gotten carried away by the anonymity + audience factor—give them a chance to apologize before you go ballistic. If you are angry at a particular person, whether it is because of something they have said or the way in which they have said it, take a deep breath or walk away for awhile before you reply. Remember that some people like to goad others, and that nothing makes them happier than to know they have succeeded in riling their target. This alone should convince you not to oblige them.

8. Be intellectually honest. Don’t misrepresent other posters’ views or create a straw man to attack. Remember that the force of the better argument is what matters. In this particular case, remember: this isn’t about you; it’s about Meredith.

9. Personal messaging. Personal messages should be sent directly and privately. If you have an issue with someone that could erupt into an OT string of insults, take it into the private sphere. Personal messages can help you to refrain from venting in public. Do not post the contents that someone has sent you in confidence, here or anywhere else, without first clarifying their full permission. This is a banning offence. Do not abuse the PM system we have in place by using it to either bully or harass other members, or to stir up trouble behind the scenes.

10. Interpersonal clashes. If all of the above fails, and someone is bugging the sheezy out of you, or you feel they are taunting you, don’t tackle it on the board. Contact the moderator or the webmaster privately (via email or private message). But think twice before you send a message to the moderator complaining about how one poster is treating another. It is up to those concerned to speak up for themselves. The temptation is too great to tattle on someone you don’t like. Also understand though, if personal arguments spill onto the board and are deemed to be disruptive, mods/admins will take whatever action their discretion deems suitable at the time in order to restore order. If you cannot solve your argument and cannot agree to disagree, then as a final resort agree to a 'cease fire'.

11. Trolls and other ignoramuses. Ignore them. They love it when you don’t. They want you to lose it and go ballistic. They want you to look at them and waste your time engaging with them. Trolling is not conducive to a harmonious community so moderators will take action if they deem this to be the case.

12. Be kind to strangers. Welcome new posters and refrain from telling them to get with the program if they raise an old issue. If you think the new poster might be a troll but aren’t sure, ask him or her to clarify a remark. Assume the best but be prepared for the worst.

13. Respect the community. Act and speak as you would in any public forum. Don’t be lulled into complacency by your apparent invisibility.

14. Respect the Moderator and Owner. They are not making a fortune doing this job, not so much as a penny in fact. They probably would prefer not to intervene at all, but if and when they do, listen and adjust accordingly. If you don’t agree with the moderator, send a PM. If you don’t like the response, take it up with the Owner. Keep your complaints brief and factual. If you still don't like what you are told as a final decision, you don't have to like it, but accept and respect it. Understand that when moderators take action, they do so using the rules, community 'Vision' and personal experience in moderating as a guide and they are also likely to be privy to information which you are not.

15. Freedom of Speech. This is a private forum that has a hopefully limited set of rules and maximum latitude to express opinions and present facts. Be sure that you clearly indicate when you are speculating as opposed to “factating.” When you present something as a fact, be prepared to back it up or rectify the error. If you don’t like the subject matter or the tone of discussion in this forum, then find another one or create your own. However, do understand that this is a 'private' forum and as such, freedom of speech is an aspiration rather then a 'right'. This basically means that moderators and admins have the final say on what the limits to free speech are.

16. Outside the forum. Do not bring grievances from other forums here, especially personal ones. And do not take your grievances from here elsewhere; you will be banned if you do this more than once. Read 1 through 15: there are plenty of ways to resolve differences without going on someone else’s blog and stalking the enemies you have made here.

17. No paid posters. If you are or ever have been paid for posting on blogs, boards or forums, take your work and aspirations elsewhere.

18. No under 18's. We actually don't have a say in this; this keeps us compliant with Freeforums Terms of Service.

19. High-end profanity. Please refrain from it. We will allow it when in the form of quotes from suspects and witnesses in the case, but that's it. Again, this is to keep us within the Freeforums Terms of Service. We reserve the right to edit/delete offending posts.

20. Repetition. Please avoid it. There is a difference between recapping for purposes of reminding and revision. Endlessly repeating your opinion for example, it's boring and a waste of web space.

21. Property Rights. Respect them. However, we also advocate fair use. Also, be aware that what is posted here is considered to be freely given to the community and belongs to us all. However, it is polite and courteous to at least acknowledge someone else’s work if you use it; so please do so. If you wish to retain exclusive ownership to any work you provide, please state it when doing so and we shall ensure this is respected. PMs are the exclusive property of their senders. You may not post or paraphrase a PM written by someone else without the author’s express prior consent. You will be banned from this community if you do so, regardless of the reason. Hotlinking with attribution on other sites to any material on PMF is also permitted, PMF gives full consent.

22. Moderators may be 'wrong'. Moderators and admins are not always right; they are human. However, if a moderator/administrator is wrong, either in fact or in your opinion, that is not a reason or an excuse to be abusive, argumentative or break any other rules of the site. Believing a moderator to be wrong is okay. Politely informing them of that opinion via PM is also okay. Arguing the toss and undermining them on the board is not okay. This of course applies to moderating issues rather than actual case debate, where constructive argument is perfectly fine and encouraged.

23. Consider Meredith and her family. When posting, before hitting the submit button, consider whether you would be happy knowing that Meredith or her family might read your post, either hypothetically or in reality.

24. Moderators and Admins reserve the right. The buck stops with us. We are responsible in the eyes of the law, Freeforum's rules, Meredith and her family and all members who post on this site. Therefore, we reserve the right to take any action we deem necessary at any time. This includes but is not limited to, deleting/editing posts/threads, suspending or banning members, suspending a member’s privileges, or introducing/adapting rules to deal with any given situation. Bullying of moderators and admins will not be tolerated, ever.

25. Keeping the Board Tidy. Do try to have a care ‘where’ you are posting. Think before submitting if you actually mean to reply in ‘that’ particular thread or if you are really wanting to start a new topic. Likewise, are you actually starting a new topic when you really mean to reply within a thread?. Are you actually posting in even the right forum? Whilst it would be nice to keep them as low as possible, we expect mistakes. Therefore, please do not be offended if you find a Moderator has moved your thread/post to where it should be. Ensure you read the announcement/s containing the rules/instructions for each particular forum you post in.

For further information about what is expected of members and the role of moderators and administrators, as well as a wealth of information on how to use the forum, do read the forum F.A.Q:

faq.php

Additionally, ensure you have read the FreeForums T.O.S:

post41.html#41

And the very brief, but very important FreeForums T.O.S Guidelines, as they put the T.O.S into context:

post42.html#42

Finally, if you are in doubt about any of the rules, wish to confirm if something is allowed or not, or have any other questions, please feel free to contact a moderator or administrator.

Last edited by Michael on Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:16 am, edited 5 times in total.
Top Profile E-mail 

Offline friend of Peltier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:29 pm   Post subject:    

I think I can live with these rules and I hope we all can. Count me in.
Top Profile 

Offline mortytoad

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:18 am   Post subject: Re: PERUGIA MURDER FILE RULES   

Thank for this extremely fascinating forum that obviously was put together with a lot of hard work.

This case has haunted me from the get-go, particularly since I am from Seattle and more specifically, West Seattle, where Amanda is from, it's hard NOT to be aware of this case. I only discovered your forum today as I was looking up info regarding the trial, and this along with the wonderful True Justice For Meredith Kercher website and it's really been an education in all of this.

From day one I have been of the opinion that Amanda was involved in Meredith's death, if not the actual murderer. I'm always willing to give someone the benefit of doubt but the evidence, as I know it, is just to strongly against her, in my humble opinion. I am also of the belief that the Italian justice system is not as corrupt or incompetant as many are portraying it. Real justice will prevail.

My condolences go out to Meredith's family and friends. She is what it's all about.

Thanks again.
Top Profile E-mail 

Offline IRONSIDE

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:15 pm   Post subject: Re: PERUGIA MURDER FILE RULES   

Hi Michael, I think I have made an error already, posted on the wrong thread. Anyway I have been following your thoughts at In Session..I like the way you think so I am here. I posted on In Sessions last evening with regards to my opinion on the Elizabeth Smart case and was called a pervert. Well, just to clarify ,I am not. Only problem I need some new specs to read your Code of Ethics lol.
Top Profile E-mail 

Offline Michael

Site Admin

Highscores: 113

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:31 pm   Post subject: Re: PERUGIA MURDER FILE RULES   

Hello Ironside, welcome to PMF :)

You'll find the current main discussion on the case here: XI. MAIN DISCUSSION, July 17 -. We are currently up to page 10. You'll find the old main discussion threads in the main discussion subforum here: The Murder of Meredith Kercher

Warmest Regards,

Michael

THE MURDER OF MEREDITH KERCHER WIKI
PMF ON TWITTER
PMF FORUM RULES
Top Profile E-mail 

Offline Claire

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:44 pm   Post subject: Re: PERUGIA MURDER FILE RULES   

I'm reading!
Top Profile E-mail 

Offline patience

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:57 pm   Post subject: Re: PERUGIA MURDER FILE RULES   

Hi Mate,
I read your all rules well I also read the one book which contain related to your
rule it is too good, thk for your post.
Top Profile E-mail 

Offline freerudyguede

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:57 pm   Post subject: Re: PERUGIA MURDER FILE RULES   

understood/ thanks

Offline freerudyguede

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:13 pm   Post subject: Re: PERUGIA MURDER FILE RULES   

Please allow me to use my username and profile pic.Thanks

Offline eruia

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:41 pm   Post subject: Re: PERUGIA MURDER FILE RULES   

picture of a pumpkin
This Post has been edited by a Moderator
Details: Nice try, but you've been banned for posting spam and malicious code.
Top Profile E-mail 
 Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]