Judge Massei Sentencing Report     The Meredith Kercher Fund     The Murder Of Meredith Kercher Wiki     True Justice For Meredith Kercher     Judge Nencini Sentencing Report 


Last visit was: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:59 pm
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:59 pm
All times are UTC

Forum rules

XIV. MAIN DISCUSSION, Jan 1 - Jan 24, 10

Moderators: Nell, Ergon, Michael, Moderators


 Page 12 of 12 [ 2769 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Author Message

Offline donnie

Banned


User avatar


Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:43 am

Posts: 627

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:38 pm   Post subject: Re: XIV. MAIN DISCUSSION, Jan 1 -   

The Bard wrote:
donnie, are you trying to suggest to these good people that the pm above was sent to me??? I received no such pm from you. I just checked. You did send me one simply stating the 'key words' you searched for, but nothing more.

Hmmm...where does this lead us donnie? Your move...


Actually , yes. It's in the sent messages box, dated Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:35 am. It can be easily checked by admins or in any other simple way.


Last edited by donnie on Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top Profile E-mail 

Offline donnie

Banned


User avatar


Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:43 am

Posts: 627

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:41 pm   Post subject: Re: XIV. MAIN DISCUSSION, Jan 1 -   

SomeAlibi wrote:
Donnie... do indulge me won't you... what was the answer to my earlier post than this one you just answered re The course you are taking and what the premise / basis of your thesis on the murder of Meredith Kercher is?


Edit: Typo


SomeAlibi,
i answered you earlier in this post PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:53 pm. Is it visible to you?
Top Profile E-mail 

Offline The Bard


User avatar


Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:46 pm

Posts: 2486

Location: UK

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:42 pm   Post subject: Re: XIV. MAIN DISCUSSION, Jan 1 -   

donnie wrote:
The Bard wrote:
donnie, are you trying to suggest to these good people that the pm above was sent to me??? I received no such pm from you. I just checked. You did send me one simply stating the 'key words' you searched for, but nothing more.

Hmmm...where does this lead us donnie? Your move...


Actually , yes. It's in the sent messages box, dated Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:35 am. It can be easli checked by admins or in any other simple way.


I stand corrected. I apologise, I overlooked it. You do suggest some key phrases:

"amanda knox promiscuous"
"anti amanda knox"
"anti amanda knox site"
"amanda knox movie"
"amanda knox friends, guilty, innocent"

which you used. So perhaps other members of the board can try to follow your thread and find the photo.

_________________
Top Profile 

Offline Skeptical Bystander


User avatar


Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:36 pm

Posts: 7006

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:45 pm   Post subject: Re: XIV. MAIN DISCUSSION, Jan 1 -   

h9A7wa9i1K wrote:
How does declaring fundraising income work for the Knox's? Do they report this as earnings/gifts or what? ..set it off expenses relating to the case?....are there any accessible records for the public to see for this charity type giving? or is all of this hidden from public view? Is there an actual charity managed by someone outside the family or is the PR company doing this?


The Amanda Defense Fund, which accepts payment using paypal, is not a charitable organization and not public. The transaction page indicates that money is received by Christina Hagge, who is Edda Mellas's sister (both are Huffs). So anyone who "donates" money to the cause will not get a tax deduction or any financial disclosure from the fund.

_________________
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point; on le sait en mille choses.
Top Profile E-mail 

Offline SomeAlibi


User avatar


Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:23 pm

Posts: 1932

Highscores: 7

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:48 pm   Post subject: Re: XIV. MAIN DISCUSSION, Jan 1 -   

donnie wrote:
SomeAlibi wrote:
Donnie... do indulge me won't you... what was the answer to my earlier post than this one you just answered re The course you are taking and what the premise / basis of your thesis on the murder of Meredith Kercher is?


Edit: Typo


SomeAlibi,
i answered you earlier in this post PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:53 pm. Is it visible to you?



Yes you did - apologies, being unobservant...

_________________
What it is is spin lent credence because it's from the mouth of a lawyer. We've seen how much gravitas they can carry merely by saying something is or is not so when often they are speaking as much rubbish as anyone else.
Top Profile E-mail 

Offline The Bard


User avatar


Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:46 pm

Posts: 2486

Location: UK

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:49 pm   Post subject: Re: XIV. MAIN DISCUSSION, Jan 1 -   

donnie, I thought you were a tennis coach???? What is this degree thesis all about? It is the first time you have mentioned it. I am confused. Professional tennis coach, doing degree in psychology? Is this true? Am impressed!

As you are studying psychology, could you say why someone would hang around in a hostile environment whilst seeming impervious to the atmosphere gathering around them? Do you think they might be someone with an investment in staying put perhaps? Hmmm? Most people would just bugger off, but some just keep hanging in there. It's curious psychology isn't it? 'Contrary' would you call it? Antagonistic? Defiant? Fool-hardy? There must be a psychologist's take on a scenario like this? What would be the assessment?

The notion of a tennis coach with a psychology degree I rather like actually. An holistic approach...

_________________
Top Profile 

Offline SomeAlibi


User avatar


Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:23 pm

Posts: 1932

Highscores: 7

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:56 pm   Post subject: Re: XIV. MAIN DISCUSSION, Jan 1 -   

By the way, I'm having lunch with the profiler I know this Friday. They are very senior in the UK set up. They haven't been following this particular case, but if you would like me to ask them any questions in general, post up or PM me. I have a huge regard for them and there are many people behind bars in the UK directly as a result of the investigative links and focus the profiler and their team have made.

Edit: sorting out my superlatives

_________________
What it is is spin lent credence because it's from the mouth of a lawyer. We've seen how much gravitas they can carry merely by saying something is or is not so when often they are speaking as much rubbish as anyone else.
Top Profile E-mail 

Offline Skeptical Bystander


User avatar


Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:36 pm

Posts: 7006

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:04 am   Post subject: Re: XIV. MAIN DISCUSSION, Jan 1 -   

Michael wrote:
Thoughtful wrote:
No explanation should be needed. Yes, the court has given its verdict, but that doesn't mean that we completely understand what happened. If even one factual detail can be clarified, even one which neither exculpates nor disculpates anyone, that is still a contribution. In fact, I thought that was the whole point of this board: trying to arrive at the complete truth of what happened (even though, sadly, we probably never will). I'm very surprised that anyone would disagree with this. I wonder what their view of the purpose of the board is?


Please explain to, say for argument's sake you are successful in showing the Postal Police arrived at 12:56, or 12:47 or some other damn time of your choosing, what amazing new 'truth' does it give us about the case? What does it demonstrate? That Amanda and Raffaele didn't murder Meredith Kercher? If it doesn't demonstrate that, then what exactly 'are' you trying to demonstrate and for 'what' purpose and why is there a need for so much hassle and mental gymnastics to do so...why is it so important? It's not as though it's something you can 'prove' anyway, or even make a really strong case for. It's just something that will go in an endless never ending circle for no purpose.


The fact is, Comodi argued successfully that the postal police arrived before RS called 112. If she was successful in her argumentation, it is because the evidence file corroborates her claim. The important words are "arrived before... RS called 112", and this is because the real problem is that both RS and AK lied, trying to make investigators and others believe they had made the call before the postal police arrived. Why did they lie about this? I would guess there is a reason they lied.

AK wrote that she called Filomena after RS spoke with his sister (but presumably before he called 112?), but this is not corroborated by phone records, which show that Filomena called her at 12:20 and 12:34. Filomena was 2 kilometers away and just parking her car when she called AK. Filomena's boyfriend, who arrived before she did, was less than 2 kilometers away.

At 12:34, I think it is possible that AK and RS realized Filomena was on her way and they needed to do several things in a hurry. Why did AK not call Filomena back? Because she wasn't ready to call her. Filomena's calls (at least one of which was ignored) were an annoyance. It may be significant that RS wasted no time charging his phone as soon as AK concluded her phone call from Filomena (12:35). As soon as that is done (12:38), the damn phone rings and it is RS's dad. That call lasts a minute and a half. Time is a wastin'.

The paragraph above is speculation on my part, but is based on the phone records.

I am sorry to bore people with this information again, but I think the phone records provide quite a revealing narrative.

_________________
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point; on le sait en mille choses.
Top Profile E-mail 

Offline donnie

Banned


User avatar


Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:43 am

Posts: 627

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:16 am   Post subject: Re: XIV. MAIN DISCUSSION, Jan 1 -   

The Bard wrote:
donnie, I thought you were a tennis coach???? What is this degree thesis all about? It is the first time you have mentioned it. I am confused. Professional tennis coach, doing degree in psychology? Is this true? Am impressed!

As you are studying psychology, could you say why someone would hang around in a hostile environment whilst seeming impervious to the atmosphere gathering around them? Do you think they might be someone with an investment in staying put perhaps? Hmmm? Most people would just bugger off, but some just keep hanging in there. It's curious psychology isn't it? 'Contrary' would you call it? Antagonistic? Defiant? Fool-hardy? There must be a psychologist's take on a scenario like this? What would be the assessment?

The notion of a tennis coach with a psychology degree I rather like actually. An holistic approach...


Well, you know, i didn't make a good first impression and if i would state that i'm doing a degree in psychology i would be laughed at(not that some of you don't laugh now :) )To be perfectly clear, my major is sports psychology ,but i decided that i won't write about boring sport behaviours and devote my time to some more serious stuff. After the collage i will be a pro tennis coach plus a sport psychologist.
My thesis won't be very deep(i don;t know if it's a good word choice). We didn't have any major personality disorder's lessons. Since i picked sports psychology, we had mostly these kind of stuff:
-human emotions(almost all of them, briefly),-rivalry,-temper,-how the testosterone works,-all the other body fluids(how they influence one's performance) ,-dealing with pressure, with winning, with loosing,-dealing with injuries, with retirement, with diseases,-determination. This kind of stuff.

So, i went back to my first year on the university, asked few friends for a tips, books, articles. Went to my former teachers. I'm gathering all the informations right now.(also on PMF). Therefore, my thesis won't be this huge psychological analysis filled with scientific stuff. I will add some psychological info. I will have some "famous" killers and their psychological portraits(Zodiac, Jack The Ripper and some polish ones). I will also write about the Olewnik case. It is very interesting and sad, shocking at the same time. Here is a short review. It's worth to read:
http://www.warsawvoice.pl/view/17581/
Did anyone ever heard about it?

However, the Amanda Knox case, was the very first one that got my attention.
And yes, i got my own theory on the subject. (you know, the hostile thing). Would you let me answer you tomorrow? Or was it a rhetorical question?

I've never wondered about this but the notion of a tennis coach and psychology degree isn't that bad, especially that i got some pedagogy courses finished also. I can teach tennis, help with kids and give behavioral tips. :P :)


Last edited by donnie on Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Top Profile E-mail 

Offline The Bard


User avatar


Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:46 pm

Posts: 2486

Location: UK

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:19 am   Post subject: Re: XIV. MAIN DISCUSSION, Jan 1 -   

SomeAlibi wrote:
By the way, I'm having lunch with the profiler I know this Friday. They are very senior in the UK set up. They haven't been following this particular case, but if you would like me to ask them any questions in general, post up or PM me. I have a huge regard for them and there are many people behind bars in the UK directly as a result of the investigative links and focus the profiler and their team have made.

Edit: sorting out my superlatives


What a fascinating chap to know! Please send the nation's thanks. Cracker was always one of my fav. tv crime programmes. If I had an hour with such a professional I would ask them:

How common is it for non-violent, non-criminal young adults to be drawn into group violence when none has previously shown a propensity? cf. the old 'Milgram' electric shock experiment where non-violent people commit acts of violence when directed by an authority figure. Some refused. I wonder what the ratio of refusniks to conformists is, and would there therefore need to be a ringleader in this crime scenario.

I'd also like to know his opinion of AK's courtroom demeanor. I find it quite extraordinarily bizarre and can find no satisfactory explanation. Why would someone behave in socially inappropriate ways as AK has done, and could it be a clue to their psychological makeup? Narcissim is the normal explanation, but what does that mean in this context? She's enjoying the attention so much she is almost oblivious of the gravity of her situation? I've had some instincts about it, but would like his view.

Sure I can think of more by Friday! Wish I was coming to lunch!

_________________
Top Profile 

Offline Skeptical Bystander


User avatar


Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:36 pm

Posts: 7006

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:22 am   Post subject: Re: XIV. MAIN DISCUSSION, Jan 1 -   

donnie wrote:
The Bard wrote:
donnie, I thought you were a tennis coach???? What is this degree thesis all about? It is the first time you have mentioned it. I am confused. Professional tennis coach, doing degree in psychology? Is this true? Am impressed!

As you are studying psychology, could you say why someone would hang around in a hostile environment whilst seeming impervious to the atmosphere gathering around them? Do you think they might be someone with an investment in staying put perhaps? Hmmm? Most people would just bugger off, but some just keep hanging in there. It's curious psychology isn't it? 'Contrary' would you call it? Antagonistic? Defiant? Fool-hardy? There must be a psychologist's take on a scenario like this? What would be the assessment?

The notion of a tennis coach with a psychology degree I rather like actually. An holistic approach...


Well, you know, i didn't make a good first impression and if i would state that i'm doing a degree in psychology i would be laughed at(not that some of you don't laugh now :) )To be perfectly clear, my major is sports psychology ,but i decided that i won't write about boring sport behaviours and devote my time to some more serious stuff. After the collage i will be a pro tennis coach plus a sport psychologist.
My thesis won't be very deep(i don;t know if it's a good word choice). We didn't had any major personality disorder's lessons. Since i picked sports psychology, we had mostly these kind of stuff:
-human emotions(almost all of them, briefly),-rivalry,-temper,-how the testosterone works,-all the other body fluids(how they influence one's performance) ,-dealing with pressure, with winning, with loosing,-dealing with injuries, with retirement, with diseases,-determination. This kind of stuff.

So, i went back to my first year on the university, asked few friends for a tips, books, articles. Went to my former teachers. I'm gathering all the informations right now.(also on PMF). Therefore, my thesis won't be this huge psychological analysis filled with scientific stuff. I will add some psychological info. I will have some "famous" killers and their psychological portraits(Zodiac, Jack The Ripper and some polish ones). I will also write about the Olewnik case. It is very interesting and sad, shocking at the same time. Here is a short review. It's worth to read:
http://www.warsawvoice.pl/view/17581/
Did anyone ever heard about it?

However, the Amanda Knox case, was the very first one that got my attention.
And yes, i got my own theory on the subject. (you know, the hostile thing).


I would think that the OJ Simpson case would be a perfect choice in light of your major. Outside the realm of violent crime, you could also do an in-depth psychological profile of Tiger Woods. Or if you want to focus on this crime for some reason, maybe you could profile Rudy Guede, the erstwhile semi-pro basketball player.

_________________
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point; on le sait en mille choses.
Top Profile E-mail 

Offline Rumpole


Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:46 pm

Posts: 240

Location: Old Bailey

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:30 am   Post subject: Re: XIV. MAIN DISCUSSION, Jan 1 -   

SomeAlibi wrote:
Rumpole wrote:
Michael wrote:
Rimpole wrote:
I agree with Kevin. I would not trust all the eyewitnesses in this case. Kokomani sounds half reliable and that convenience store guy also (although he may have been a bit too sure about everything) but I find it hard to trust the couple who saw Guede or the university chap who claims to have seen all three suspects with Meredith - maybe, but the red jacket he claims AK to have worn raises my suspicions.


Right, we have you and Kevin saying eye witness testimony shouldn't be used against the accused. We have JFK saying LCN DNA shouldn't be allowed to be used against the accised. We have people on other boards saying saying people shouldn't be questioned and have their statements used as part of the investigation or the trial. We have people on other boards saying the behaviour of suspects and the accused should not be taken into account.

Would someone mind laying out for me what the police SHOULD be allowed to use?

Rimpole thinks everything should be allowed to be used against the suspects. Bearing in mind though that eye witnesses aren't often reliable. Judges and lay judges can then assess the weight given to any evidence presented. I don't see any problem with LCN DNA, ie the knife evidence, used in court. The defence had a chance to be present when DNA testing was done, they have no grounds to dispute that evidence.


Well exactly.... the prosecution puts its evidence, the defence its own. The judge(s) can rule the evidence admissible or inadmissible (as happened with witnesses in this case remember) and then they can attribute credibility / likelihood / weight to the evidence they have heard. We will see the judge's report shortly and that will be hugely informative and helpful in focusing the conversation on the *conviction* not on all of our (I include myself here) thoughts on what might have happened.

That's what I meant. So was there some witness testimony that was ruled inadmissible in this case? Ie I don't know / remember anything of the sort but then again I have not read everything available here.
Top Profile 

Offline donnie

Banned


User avatar


Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:43 am

Posts: 627

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:30 am   Post subject: Re: XIV. MAIN DISCUSSION, Jan 1 -   

Skeptical Bystander wrote:
I would think that the OJ Simpson case would be a perfect choice in light of your major. Outside the realm of violent crime, you could also do an in-depth psychological profile of Tiger Woods. Or if you want to focus on this crime for some reason, maybe you could profile Rudy Guede, the erstwhile semi-pro basketball player.


Ahh! Thank God for Skep, why didn't i thought of them earlier? They fit perfectly. I still wanna do the Zodiac though, but maybe i will pass on that one. Tomorrow i'm seeing my teacher(i really can't find a right word here, he's some kind of supervisor, he's helping me with the thesis) and i will suggest all three of them, and maybe Amanda Knox would fit after all, since she played soccer for quite a long time. Skep, you basically made my thesis complete. I felt that there wasn't much connection between the chapters, but now it seems that everything will fit. Thank you!

How could i even forget about the OJ Simpson?!
Top Profile E-mail 

Offline SomeAlibi


User avatar


Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:23 pm

Posts: 1932

Highscores: 7

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:33 am   Post subject: Re: XIV. MAIN DISCUSSION, Jan 1 -   

donnie wrote:
The Bard wrote:
donnie, I thought you were a tennis coach???? What is this degree thesis all about? It is the first time you have mentioned it. I am confused. Professional tennis coach, doing degree in psychology? Is this true? Am impressed!

As you are studying psychology, could you say why someone would hang around in a hostile environment whilst seeming impervious to the atmosphere gathering around them? Do you think they might be someone with an investment in staying put perhaps? Hmmm? Most people would just bugger off, but some just keep hanging in there. It's curious psychology isn't it? 'Contrary' would you call it? Antagonistic? Defiant? Fool-hardy? There must be a psychologist's take on a scenario like this? What would be the assessment?

The notion of a tennis coach with a psychology degree I rather like actually. An holistic approach...


Well, you know, i didn't make a good first impression and if i would state that i'm doing a degree in psychology i would be laughed at(not that some of you don't laugh now :) )To be perfectly clear, my major is sports psychology ,but i decided that i won't write about boring sport behaviours and devote my time to some more serious stuff. After the collage i will be a pro tennis coach plus a sport psychologist.
My thesis won't be very deep(i don;t know if it's a good word choice). We didn't had any major personality disorder's lessons. Since i picked sports psychology, we had mostly these kind of stuff:
-human emotions(almost all of them, briefly),-rivalry,-temper,-how the testosterone works,-all the other body fluids(how they influence one's performance) ,-dealing with pressure, with winning, with loosing,-dealing with injuries, with retirement, with diseases,-determination. This kind of stuff.

So, i went back to my first year on the university, asked few friends for a tips, books, articles. Went to my former teachers. I'm gathering all the informations right now.(also on PMF). Therefore, my thesis won't be this huge psychological analysis filled with scientific stuff. I will add some psychological info. I will have some "famous" killers and their psychological portraits(Zodiac, Jack The Ripper and some polish ones). I will also write about the Olewnik case. It is very interesting and sad, shocking at the same time. Here is a short review. It's worth to read:
http://www.warsawvoice.pl/view/17581/
Did anyone ever heard about it?

However, the Amanda Knox case, was the very first one that got my attention.
And yes, i got my own theory on the subject. (you know, the hostile thing). Would you let me answer you tomorrow? Or was it a rhetorical question?

I've never wondered about this but the notion of a tennis coach and psychology degree isn't that bad, especially that i got some pedagogy courses finished also. I can teach tennis, help with kids and give behavioral tips. :P :)



Good luck on your psychological profile of Jack the Ripper. No greater amount of crap has been written about the JtR crimes than any other. I spent years studying it and it makes what I know and interpret about this case look like kindergarten. The UK profiling computer database is called 'Badman' and it started profiling from the JtR case onwards because that really is the origin of serial killing records in the UK. IMVHO, if you want any credit for your thesis and your tutors have a clue, leave JtR the hell out of it because it's a total utter mindfield of misinformation and garbage theories.

_________________
What it is is spin lent credence because it's from the mouth of a lawyer. We've seen how much gravitas they can carry merely by saying something is or is not so when often they are speaking as much rubbish as anyone else.
Top Profile E-mail 

Offline The Bard


User avatar


Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:46 pm

Posts: 2486

Location: UK

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:33 am   Post subject: Re: XIV. MAIN DISCUSSION, Jan 1 -   

donnie wrote:
The Bard wrote:
donnie, I thought you were a tennis coach???? What is this degree thesis all about? It is the first time you have mentioned it. I am confused. Professional tennis coach, doing degree in psychology? Is this true? Am impressed!

As you are studying psychology, could you say why someone would hang around in a hostile environment whilst seeming impervious to the atmosphere gathering around them? Do you think they might be someone with an investment in staying put perhaps? Hmmm? Most people would just bugger off, but some just keep hanging in there. It's curious psychology isn't it? 'Contrary' would you call it? Antagonistic? Defiant? Fool-hardy? There must be a psychologist's take on a scenario like this? What would be the assessment?

The notion of a tennis coach with a psychology degree I rather like actually. An holistic approach...


Well, you know, i didn't make a good first impression and if i would state that i'm doing a degree in psychology i would be laughed at(not that some of you don't laugh now :) )To be perfectly clear, my major is sports psychology ,but i decided that i won't write about boring sport behaviours and devote my time to some more serious stuff. After the collage i will be a pro tennis coach plus a sport psychologist.
My thesis won't be very deep(i don;t know if it's a good word choice). We didn't had any major personality disorder's lessons. Since i picked sports psychology, we had mostly these kind of stuff:
-human emotions(almost all of them, briefly),-rivalry,-temper,-how the testosterone works,-all the other body fluids(how they influence one's performance) ,-dealing with pressure, with winning, with loosing,-dealing with injuries, with retirement, with diseases,-determination. This kind of stuff.

So, i went back to my first year on the university, asked few friends for a tips, books, articles. Went to my former teachers. I'm gathering all the informations right now.(also on PMF). Therefore, my thesis won't be this huge psychological analysis filled with scientific stuff. I will add some psychological info. I will have some "famous" killers and their psychological portraits(Zodiac, Jack The Ripper and some polish ones). I will also write about the Olewnik case. It is very interesting and sad, shocking at the same time. Here is a short review. It's worth to read:
http://www.warsawvoice.pl/view/17581/
Did anyone ever heard about it?

However, the Amanda Knox case, was the very first one that got my attention.
And yes, i got my own theory on the subject. (you know, the hostile thing). Would you let me answer you tomorrow? Or was it a rhetorical question?

I've never wondered about this but the notion of a tennis coach and psychology degree isn't that bad, especially that i got some pedagogy courses finished also. I can teach tennis, help with kids and give behavioral tips. :P :)


donnie, get some sleep and answer tomorrow. I would like to know your thoughts. In the meantime, think about Skep's suggestions, they are excellent. And yes, now you come to mention it, you could help kids with Tennis Therapy - start a whole new discipline. Specialist subject avoiding incoming bodyline shots. Or is that cricket? Night.

_________________
Top Profile 

Offline donnie

Banned


User avatar


Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:43 am

Posts: 627

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:40 am   Post subject: Re: XIV. MAIN DISCUSSION, Jan 1 -   

SomeAlibi wrote:
donnie wrote:
The Bard wrote:
donnie, I thought you were a tennis coach???? What is this degree thesis all about? It is the first time you have mentioned it. I am confused. Professional tennis coach, doing degree in psychology? Is this true? Am impressed!

As you are studying psychology, could you say why someone would hang around in a hostile environment whilst seeming impervious to the atmosphere gathering around them? Do you think they might be someone with an investment in staying put perhaps? Hmmm? Most people would just bugger off, but some just keep hanging in there. It's curious psychology isn't it? 'Contrary' would you call it? Antagonistic? Defiant? Fool-hardy? There must be a psychologist's take on a scenario like this? What would be the assessment?

The notion of a tennis coach with a psychology degree I rather like actually. An holistic approach...


Well, you know, i didn't make a good first impression and if i would state that i'm doing a degree in psychology i would be laughed at(not that some of you don't laugh now :) )To be perfectly clear, my major is sports psychology ,but i decided that i won't write about boring sport behaviours and devote my time to some more serious stuff. After the collage i will be a pro tennis coach plus a sport psychologist.
My thesis won't be very deep(i don;t know if it's a good word choice). We didn't had any major personality disorder's lessons. Since i picked sports psychology, we had mostly these kind of stuff:
-human emotions(almost all of them, briefly),-rivalry,-temper,-how the testosterone works,-all the other body fluids(how they influence one's performance) ,-dealing with pressure, with winning, with loosing,-dealing with injuries, with retirement, with diseases,-determination. This kind of stuff.

So, i went back to my first year on the university, asked few friends for a tips, books, articles. Went to my former teachers. I'm gathering all the informations right now.(also on PMF). Therefore, my thesis won't be this huge psychological analysis filled with scientific stuff. I will add some psychological info. I will have some "famous" killers and their psychological portraits(Zodiac, Jack The Ripper and some polish ones). I will also write about the Olewnik case. It is very interesting and sad, shocking at the same time. Here is a short review. It's worth to read:
http://www.warsawvoice.pl/view/17581/
Did anyone ever heard about it?

However, the Amanda Knox case, was the very first one that got my attention.
And yes, i got my own theory on the subject. (you know, the hostile thing). Would you let me answer you tomorrow? Or was it a rhetorical question?

I've never wondered about this but the notion of a tennis coach and psychology degree isn't that bad, especially that i got some pedagogy courses finished also. I can teach tennis, help with kids and give behavioral tips. :P :)



Good luck on your psychological profile of Jack the Ripper. No greater amount of crap has been written about the JtR crimes than any other. I spent years studying it and it makes what I know and interpret about this case look like kindergarten. The UK profiling computer database is called 'Badman' and it started profiling from the JtR case onwards because that really is the origin of serial killing records in the UK. IMVHO, if you want any credit for your thesis and your tutors have a clue, leave JtR the hell out of it because it's a total utter mindfield of misinformation and garbage theories.


You're not the first person with this kind of opinion. Anyway, i know that i wouldn't be succesful in making his profile even if his case would be a piece of cake. I wanted only to mention him as a serial killer. You know, i will write down the types of killers/killings and give examples. Serial killer-Jack the ripper, Zodiac etc.

Thank you for your opinion though, very helpful.
Top Profile E-mail 

Offline donnie

Banned


User avatar


Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:43 am

Posts: 627

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:46 am   Post subject: Re: XIV. MAIN DISCUSSION, Jan 1 -   

The Bard wrote:
donnie wrote:
The Bard wrote:
donnie, I thought you were a tennis coach???? What is this degree thesis all about? It is the first time you have mentioned it. I am confused. Professional tennis coach, doing degree in psychology? Is this true? Am impressed!

As you are studying psychology, could you say why someone would hang around in a hostile environment whilst seeming impervious to the atmosphere gathering around them? Do you think they might be someone with an investment in staying put perhaps? Hmmm? Most people would just bugger off, but some just keep hanging in there. It's curious psychology isn't it? 'Contrary' would you call it? Antagonistic? Defiant? Fool-hardy? There must be a psychologist's take on a scenario like this? What would be the assessment?

The notion of a tennis coach with a psychology degree I rather like actually. An holistic approach...


Well, you know, i didn't make a good first impression and if i would state that i'm doing a degree in psychology i would be laughed at(not that some of you don't laugh now :) )To be perfectly clear, my major is sports psychology ,but i decided that i won't write about boring sport behaviours and devote my time to some more serious stuff. After the collage i will be a pro tennis coach plus a sport psychologist.
My thesis won't be very deep(i don;t know if it's a good word choice). We didn't had any major personality disorder's lessons. Since i picked sports psychology, we had mostly these kind of stuff:
-human emotions(almost all of them, briefly),-rivalry,-temper,-how the testosterone works,-all the other body fluids(how they influence one's performance) ,-dealing with pressure, with winning, with loosing,-dealing with injuries, with retirement, with diseases,-determination. This kind of stuff.

So, i went back to my first year on the university, asked few friends for a tips, books, articles. Went to my former teachers. I'm gathering all the informations right now.(also on PMF). Therefore, my thesis won't be this huge psychological analysis filled with scientific stuff. I will add some psychological info. I will have some "famous" killers and their psychological portraits(Zodiac, Jack The Ripper and some polish ones). I will also write about the Olewnik case. It is very interesting and sad, shocking at the same time. Here is a short review. It's worth to read:
http://www.warsawvoice.pl/view/17581/
Did anyone ever heard about it?

However, the Amanda Knox case, was the very first one that got my attention.
And yes, i got my own theory on the subject. (you know, the hostile thing). Would you let me answer you tomorrow? Or was it a rhetorical question?

I've never wondered about this but the notion of a tennis coach and psychology degree isn't that bad, especially that i got some pedagogy courses finished also. I can teach tennis, help with kids and give behavioral tips. :P :)


donnie, get some sleep and answer tomorrow. I would like to know your thoughts. In the meantime, think about Skep's suggestions, they are excellent. And yes, now you come to mention it, you could help kids with Tennis Therapy - start a whole new discipline. Specialist subject avoiding incoming bodyline shots. Or is that cricket? Night.


I'm going to sleep, definitely. It's almost 2 in the morning here!
If you'll find some time, please read this short article about the olewnik case.
http://www.warsawvoice.pl/view/17581/

What is even more shocking, is that all three murderers committed suicide in prison. Not at the same time of course. There are two possibilities-either everyone of them felt guilty and couldn't handle the verdict or ...polish government was involved.
Good night.
Top Profile E-mail 

Offline Michael

Site Admin


User avatar


Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:06 pm

Posts: 16732

Location: England

Highscores: 113

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:50 am   Post subject: LOCKING THREAD!   

picture of a pumpkin
This topic has been locked by a Moderator
Reason: I am now locking this thread!

Please continue the discussion in the new main discussion thread here: XV. MAIN DISCUSSION, Jan 25 -

Thank You

_________________
"The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it and ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is." ~ Winston Churchill mike


THE MURDER OF MEREDITH KERCHER WIKI
PMF ON TWITTER
PMF FORUM RULES
Top Profile E-mail 

Offline Skeptical Bystander


User avatar


Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:36 pm

Posts: 7006

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:47 pm   Post subject: Re: XIV. MAIN DISCUSSION, Jan 1 -   

Jools wrote:
thoughtful wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Quote:
Thank you for clarifying your source. As Michael noted when he posted it, this comes from the defense file presented to Micheli and rejected by him in favor of the police evidence


Yes, Michael did say that. However, Bolint said the opposite, that this was prepared specifically for the trial. I myself noted that this file surfaced on the board only last August. Furthermore, Micheli went for a much earlier postal police arrival time than Comodi, so it did seem reasonable to me that this file might be what made the difference.

If Michael knows for sure that this was presented to Micheli well before the trial, I would really appreciate confirmation.

Here is an article dated October 2008 where it mentions the CCTV camera slides presented by RS defense:
http://lanazione.ilsole24ore.com/perugi ... aele.shtml

(My translation)
The video disproves Raffaele

The police arrived at 12.25.

The police patrol arrived at the front of the cottage in via della Pergola at 12.25 on November 2 last year. Only in the following time 12:51 Raffaele Sollecito, along with Amanda Knox telephoned the police to report that someone had entered the house but stressing that "they had not stolen anything"

Further disproves to the statements of the two former lovers, accused of the murder of Meredith Kercher, arrives from the analysis of the video cameras of the San Antonio car-park. To request the hard disk of the installed cctv system were defense lawyers, Giulia Bongiorno, Luca Maori and Marco Brusco just to check the hours that morning, to try to dismantle the accusation theory.

Until now the attention of investigators and lawyers was focused on capturing the evening of the first of November. And on the two people, one of whom was dressed in light colours, which can be glimpsed in the tv cameras. Someone initially suggested that it was Amanda, someone else Meredith (who was wearing a blue sweatshirt and a pair of jeans ndr.). In reality the two individuals have never been fully identified although the police had the full list of people who entered the car park to take back their car.

At the time -- the days after the murder -- in viewing that video the police officer noted down that the time of the tv-camera was set 10 minutes forward. Today looking at that document it is learned therefore that the postal police black (Fiat) Punto, alerted by the woman that received threats by phone and then next morning found two mobile phones in her garden (those stolen from Meredith), made maneuvering in front of the camera at 12.35 and 57 seconds. In fact ten minutes earlier.

(( Jools:12.25. and 57 seconds)). It is however, long before the pretend - according to the prosecution – phone call to 112, which according to tabulation data (print out) produced by the defense, is at 12:51.
Raffaele and Amanda were seeking an alibi, is the accusation theory. But the video has trapped them, at least in this respect.
Among the investigators hypotheses is the one that the ex-lovers were there before, the arrival of the police (when it was 'discovered' Mez lifeless body in her locked key bedroom), because they wanted to clean up the cottage and pre-fabricate an alibi. It would have been them in fact who were tampering with the crime scene, throwing the heavy stone to the window and simulate a burglary.

It was just about that morning that the first suspicions of the flying squad were born around the American student and her boyfriend from Puglia. Too unruffled. Too strange the late phone call to the Carabiniere police centre. Too sure they were that nothing was stolen from the house. The rest is the custody report of the judicial police at police headquarters when Amanda spoke of a rape and murder to which she had witnessed. She pointed out, Patrick Lumumba who however, was later deemed not involved.

In fact the accused of Mez’s massacre seem to have always told some truths and some lies. Like Rudy Guede, who says he was in there, with Meredith. To have seen Amanda and Raffaele. But was disproved by both the English student's friends and by his own friends of what he told that he had an appointment with the English girl.

These circumstances, together with evidence provided by forensic police will be at the center of the heated debate on Saturday and will be the elements in which the gup Paolo Micheli will be basing his judgment. Who it will have to tell whether the evidence against Amanda and Raffaele deserves a trial in the Court of Assizes and if Guede, judged in the fast-track trial, should be condemned and for how long.

Perugia, 7 October 2008

Erika Pontini



If this is the source from Jools that Thoughtful is referring to (about CCTV footage), I don't see how it supports the 12:56 or 12:58 postal police arrival time.

_________________
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point; on le sait en mille choses.
Top Profile E-mail 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 Page 12 of 12 [ 2769 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12


Who is online
Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

  

Judge Massei Sentencing Report     The Meredith Kercher Fund     The Murder Of Meredith Kercher Wiki     True Justice For Meredith Kercher     Judge Nencini Sentencing Report 


28,891,667 Views