Judge Massei Sentencing Report     The Meredith Kercher Fund     The Murder Of Meredith Kercher Wiki     True Justice For Meredith Kercher     Judge Nencini Sentencing Report 

Last visit was: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:50 pm
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:50 pm
All times are UTC

Forum rules

A 48 HOURS/Peter Van Sant Comment

Moderators: Nell, Ergon, Michael, Moderators

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]

Offline The 411

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:38 pm   Post subject: A 48 HOURS/Peter Van Sant Comment   

Hello, Everyone!
This is my second attempt to post. The first one disappeared, so I'll keep this one brief, just in
case I am doing something wrong--AGAIN!

About the CBS "48 Hours" program on Saturday: I've watched this series, perhaps a half a dozen or more times BEFORE, over the last year or so. It's usually entertaining, usually makes a good faith attempt to present both sides, albeit superficially.

The episode on Saturday about Amanda, however, seemed so vastly different from any others I'd seen previously.

Compared with other mysteries presented , this show was disturbing...because it was so biased, manipulative, distorted, unbalanced, misleading. Don't know whether anyone else has used this term with the pro-AK- movement, but it seemed like more ...

*************AMANDA PROPAGANDA!!********************

Oh, everyone, look at this photograph of Amanda as a sweet, All-American youngster, oh, look, the poor honor student... she'd have been graduating from college this year, were it not for this prosecutor. She's the best, she's perfect, yes, a saint persecuted because she's AMERICAN, just like us, she could be your daughter...but Nooooo....instead, she's A VICTIM of those Italian $%^#$%#s!! Italy's most hated woman, they said, and yet at the same time, she's Italy's woman of the year 2008! F

Meredith??? Meredith WHO? Oh,right...you mean the English girl?

Shameful, CBS!!

I seriously began to wonder if Peter Van Sant might have a personal stake in Amanda's innocence. Can't say if he does or if he doesn't, but, looking at his CBS bio,
isn't this interesting...?
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/1999/03/ ... 9040.shtml

"He is a native of Seattle. He was graduated cum laude with a degree in communications from Washington State University in Pullman. "

Peter Van Sant's latest journalistic credentials.....should he add now add "FOA? "
You tell me!
Top Profile 

Offline Skeptical Bystander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:07 pm   Post subject:    

The 411 wrote:

Quote:
"He is a native of Seattle. He was graduated cum laude with a degree in communications from Washington State University in Pullman. "

Peter Van Sant's latest journalistic credentials.....should he add now add "FOA? "
You tell me!

Hi The 411 and welcome. First, in terms of how the forum works: we pretty much stick to the main discussion thread and avoid creating new ones (as you have done here, possibly inadvertantly). The reasons are twofold: we want everyone to easily see each post and we want to keep the number of threads down so we can deal effectively with "trolls" and spammers. One of the tactics is to post comments at a furious pace in every thread.

So what you need to do is click on the thread (or heading) in the Forum index that takes you to the main discussion. You can advance to the last page (there are only two, since we lock the discussion when it gets too long and create a new main discussion thread) and post, either in response to another post or with an idea you want to express.

I think there is something to the local connection with PVS. Most of the well-known local reporters and media people are WSU graduates. Especially television people. Kathy Goertzen comes to mind. She did a fluff piece on the Knox/Mellas family last fall, and hired Candace Dempsey to file a telephone report from Perugia. The media community is pretty tight and they scratch each other's backs. Someone probably asked Van Sant to return a favor. The Knox's know Mike Heavey, the judge, and he knows Anne Bremner very well. She is a fixture on the legal pundit circuit and a frenemy of Nancy Grace. And behind it all, you have Doug Preston. The possible paths are many.

I am personally appalled that Van Sant went after Andrea Vogt. I was shocked when I heard it. Why? Because she is from the Pacific NW (I don't think she went to WSU) and an excellent freelance journalist and reporter. Her reporting on this case has been exemplary in its objectivity and neutrality. I too work freelance (not as a journalist) and I know how much my livelihood depends on my reputation. Van Sant attacked her integrity, as well as that of the PI and the Seattle Times.

Offline disinterested

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:12 pm   Post subject:    

Skep said:

I am personally appalled that Van Sant went after Andrea Vogt. I was shocked when I heard it. Why? Because she is from the Pacific NW (I don't think she went to WSU) and an excellent freelance journalist and reporter. Her reporting on this case has been exemplary in its objectivity and neutrality. I too work freelance (not as a journalist) and I know how much my livelihood depends on my reputation. Van Sant attacked her integrity, as well as that of the PI and the Seattle Times.[/quote]

I haven't been able to get myself to watch this show. Van Sant actually depresses me, as did Ciolino--for reasons way beyond this trial's outcome. I've thought the main connection that made them take up arms in this ridiculous righteous vendetta that seems to be building is one with VS, Spezzi and the author (Monster of Florence--I'm forgetting his name) against Mignini and therefore all of Italian jurisprudence. They have a mission and all the right elements to sell it. Not to mention that we're entering I'm afraid into another isolationist period. Oh those decadent, wily Europeans who can't even run their own countries--look how many times we've saved their asses and now what they do to our students abroad! etc., etc. It's also a time the world needs unity more than ever to survive.

It's just hard to think they'd choose Andrea Vogt--she is so mild mannered and comes across pretty neutral (which is why she's such a relief, granted). Did he actually mention her by name--or is it just by deduction?

Didi
Top Profile 

Offline Skeptical Bystander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:37 pm   Post subject:    

Disinterested wrote:

Quote:
I haven't been able to get myself to watch this show. Van Sant actually depresses me, as did Ciolino--for reasons way beyond this trial's outcome. I've thought the main connection that made them take up arms in this ridiculous righteous vendetta that seems to be building is one with VS, Spezzi and the author (Monster of Florence--I'm forgetting his name) against Mignini and therefore all of Italian jurisprudence. They have a mission and all the right elements to sell it. Not to mention that we're entering I'm afraid into another isolationist period. Oh those decadent, wily Europeans who can't even run their own countries--look how many times we've saved their asses and now what they do to our students abroad! etc., etc. It's also a time the world needs unity more than ever to survive.

It's just hard to think they'd choose Andrea Vogt--she is so mild mannered and comes across pretty neutral (which is why she's such a relief, granted). Did he actually mention her by name--or is it just by deduction?

That's funny, I find him mildly depressing too. Ciolino is just horrible. He is ill-mannered and aggressive, a terrible combination. And he cannot utter a coherent sentence.

There is a kind of missionary zeal to all of this, but I have long suspected that Preston's main goal now is to clear the way for a return to Italy. He probably wants to hang around during the shooting of the movie and maybe is worried now that the movie itself will be scuppered. Most people wondered what the hell he was doing in this 48 Hours program.

I hope we are not entering into another isolationist period - sometimes it feels like we are always in one!

PVS did not mention Vogt by name, though he did mention both the PI and the Times. But she is the ONLY stringer, so he could not have been talking about anyone else. I think it is because of her neutrality that she's a target.

Offline Jools

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:39 pm   Post subject:    

Skep wrote:
"There is a kind of missionary zeal to all of this, but I have long suspected that Preston's main goal now is to clear the way for a return to Italy. He probably wants to hang around during the shooting of the movie and maybe is worried now that the movie itself will be scuppered. Most people wondered what the hell he was doing in this 48 Hours program. "

Actually the book is been a non event in Italy, just one more of hundreds of books written on the same subject, and of course in Italy neither he or Spezi would be able to promote the book of the back of how evil Mignini is. They could not get away with the lying about the prosecutor, everyone in Italy knows the truth of what happened. Mignini never charge Spezi with being the MOF he was incarcerated for "presunto colpevole di depistaggio delle indagini".
It is true some one did accused Mario Spezi of being the Monster himself, this woman Simonetta Farci, did what Amanda Knox did to Patrick Lumumba which resulted in Spezi taken her to court for the same reason Patrick is doing with Knox, suing Simonetta Farci for slander! There is a connection between this woman and that other one Carlizi.
Interesting how Preston never mentions this woman especially considering that his friend was involved in a court case against her for precisely what Preston accuses Mignini of doing to Spezi. Lies and nothing but lies!
I guess he couldn't be promoting the book in the USA on the back of a lady call Simonetta Farci, better to aim at the evil prosecutor that happens to be the same prosecutor as the honor student from Seattle.
Top Profile 

Offline nicki

Forensics Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:49 pm   Post subject:    

Jools wrote:
Skep wrote:
"There is a kind of missionary zeal to all of this, but I have long suspected that Preston's main goal now is to clear the way for a return to Italy. He probably wants to hang around during the shooting of the movie and maybe is worried now that the movie itself will be scuppered. Most people wondered what the hell he was doing in this 48 Hours program. "

Actually the book is been a non event in Italy, just one more of hundreds of books written on the same subject, and of course in Italy neither he or Spezi would be able to promote the book of the back of how evil Mignini is. They could not get away with the lying about the prosecutor, everyone in Italy knows the truth of what happened. Mignini never charge Spezi with being the MOF he was incarcerated for "presunto colpevole di depistaggio delle indagini".
It is true some one did accused Mario Spezi of being the Monster himself, this woman Simonetta Farci, did what Amanda Knox did to Patrick Lumumba which resulted in Spezi taken her to court for the same reason Patrick is doing with Knox, suing Simonetta Farci for slander! There is a connection between this woman and that other one Carlizi.
Interesting how Preston never mentions this woman especially considering that his friend was involved in a court case against her for precisely what Preston accuses Mignini of doing to Spezi. Lies and nothing but lies!
I guess he couldn't be promoting the book in the USA on the back of a lady call Simonetta Farci, better to aim at the evil prosecutor that happens to be the same prosecutor as the honor student from Seattle.

Great job Jools. The woman was a Sardinian and the article describing how she went to Mignini to accuse Spezi of being the MOF is still online.
Interesting enough, Mignini dropped all charges against Spezi for insufficient evidence at the beginning of 2008. As for SPezi&Prestin book, I hardly saw it in bookstores...it couldn't be defined a major success here, as you say, just one more book about the MOF!
Saludos guapa! :D
Top Profile 

Offline Jools

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:01 pm   Post subject:    

Hi Nicki,

Yes, I have seen the article or articles I should say, it's interesting how Preston brings into the Spezi arrest Gabriella Carlizzi and yet Simonetta Farci having being sued by his friend is left out of it.

Ciao bellezza! :lol:
Top Profile 

Offline nicki

Forensics Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:09 pm   Post subject:    

Jools wrote:
Hi Nicki,

Yes, I have seen the article or articles I should say, it's interesting how Preston brings into the Spezi arrest Gabriella Carlizzi and yet Simonetta Farci having being sued by his friend is left out of it.

Ciao bellezza! :lol:

Interesting and hypocritical indeed ;)
Top Profile 

Offline Michael

Site Admin

Highscores: 113

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:07 pm   Post subject: LOCKING THREAD   

I am now locking this thread. Too many open threads make the forum confusing for visitors and place more demands on Moderators who are already spread rather thinly, to monitor them. If you believe any points raised in this topic to be worthy of further discussion, please debate them in the Main Discussion Thread in The Murder of Meredith Kercher forum.

Thank You

THE MURDER OF MEREDITH KERCHER WIKI
PMF ON TWITTER
PMF FORUM RULES
Top Profile E-mail 
 Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]