Judge Massei Sentencing Report     The Meredith Kercher Fund     The Murder Of Meredith Kercher Wiki     True Justice For Meredith Kercher     Judge Nencini Sentencing Report 

Last visit was: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:26 pm
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:26 pm
All times are UTC

Forum rules

Pretend I am an impartial judge/juror.

Moderators: Nell, Ergon, Michael, Moderators

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]

Offline Motorhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:53 pm   Post subject: Pretend I am an impartial judge/juror.   

Indulge me on this folks, this is mostly for those who are 100% convinced Amanda Knox and her boyfriend were involved, or directly murdered Meredith.

Now, pretend I am a juror, or a judge who has never heard a word about this case ever. Prove to me, beyond a shadow of a doubt that Knox and her boyfriend had the motive, means and opportunity to commit this crime and murder Meredith.

I ask this because I've looked over tons of articles and the supposed evidence and can't come to a conclusion of guilt. I need you to pretend you're the prosecutor, and you need to prove it to me to get a conviction.
Top Profile 

Offline BoneDawg

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:50 pm   Post subject:    

MOTIVE:
The motive, in my opinion wasn't for death. I believe death was an accident. Sexual Assualt for the thrill of "extreme sex" was the motive ... death was the result. Motive is also not required if the evidence proves it happened. Evidence showed there was more than one attacker (based on the amount of cuts and bruises on the body, as well as the number of different sized footprints & shoeprints found at the scene.

MEANS:
Three people (one large male, one smaller male, and one female) vs one small female. The three are armed with at least one knife.

OPPORTUNITY:
They also have the element of surprise, as well as the means to enter the house, and the knowledge that Meredith will be home alone (other roomates out of town). Amanda and RS also had the opportunity to clean up the mess after ... which is possibly what they were doing at the house when the police arrived (evidence shows purchase of bleach and cleaning supplies the morning after, as well as a google search of blood and bleach on RS's computer). Neither of them have an alibi for the time of the murder, which gives them opportunity.

This is all without mentioning how strangely all three (RS, RG and AK) have acted throughout this whole thing.
Top Profile 

Offline Motorhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:00 pm   Post subject:    

BoneDawg wrote:
MOTIVE:
The motive, in my opinion wasn't for death. I believe death was an accident. Sexual Assualt for the thrill of "extreme sex" was the motive ... death was the result. Motive is also not required if the evidence proves it happened. Evidence showed there was more than one attacker (based on the amount of cuts and bruises on the body, as well as the number of different sized footprints & shoeprints found at the scene.

MEANS:
Three people (one large male, one smaller male, and one female) vs one small female. The three are armed with at least one knife.

OPPORTUNITY:
They also have the element of surprise, as well as the means to enter the house, and the knowledge that Meredith will be home alone (other roomates out of town). Amanda and RS also had the opportunity to clean up the mess after ... which is possibly what they were doing at the house when the police arrived (evidence shows purchase of bleach and cleaning supplies the morning after, as well as a google search of blood and bleach on RS's computer). Neither of them have an alibi for the time of the murder, which gives them opportunity.

This is all without mentioning how strangely all three (RS, RG and AK) have acted throughout this whole thing.

Thank you, that's a start but things like the computer searches aren't reliable since the police fried the hard drives and attempted to repair them, leaving that "evidence" as unreliable.

Purchase of cleaning supplies? I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, hmm.
Top Profile 

Offline Skeptical Bystander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:20 pm   Post subject:    

Motorhead wrote:

Quote:

It may not be true. In fact, it probably is not. That's my guess.

Offline BoneDawg

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:43 pm   Post subject:    

You haven't read abuot the testimony from the shop owner that Knox came to his store right at opening (7:45 am) and went to the back where the cleaning supplies are kept?

Or the reports that the receipt from said cleaning supplies was found at RS's house?
Top Profile 

Offline BoneDawg

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:46 pm   Post subject:    

It may not be true. In fact, it probably is not. That's my guess.

Motorhead,

What use woudl the un-related shop owner have for lying about it?

What use would "failing to mention" the trip to the store be for Amanda when trying to prove her alibi?

Was she sleeping at RS's house, or what she out buying cleaning supplies that morning? If she was out buying cleaning supplies, what were they for? a mess caused by a broken pipe? Why wouldn't RS go with her to get those cleaning supplies to clean his own place?
Top Profile 

Offline Fly by Night

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:32 pm   Post subject: Re: Pretend I am an impartial judge/juror.   

Motorhead wrote:
Indulge me on this folks, this is mostly for those who are 100% convinced Amanda Knox and her boyfriend were involved, or directly murdered Meredith.

Now, pretend I am a juror, or a judge who has never heard a word about this case ever. Prove to me, beyond a shadow of a doubt that Knox and her boyfriend had the motive, means and opportunity to commit this crime and murder Meredith.

I ask this because I've looked over tons of articles and the supposed evidence and can't come to a conclusion of guilt. I need you to pretend you're the prosecutor, and you need to prove it to me to get a conviction.

This is a difficult excercise because:
1. You are not impartial
2. It's hard to imagine you as an Italian judge
3. It's hard to imagine you as an Italian juror
4. The only article I know you have read is outdated and misinformed
5. I suspect that even if I produced a video tape of Amanda Knox stabbing Meredith Kercher you would argue about what it meant.
Top Profile 

Offline Michael

Site Admin

Highscores: 113

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:31 pm   Post subject: LOCKING THREAD   

Since the topic creator is no longer with us, I am now locking this thread. Too many open threads make the forum confusing for visitors and place more demands on Moderators who are already spread rather thinly, to monitor them. If you believe any points raised in this topic to be worthy of further discussion, please debate them in the Main Discussion Thread in The Murder of Meredith Kercher forum.

Thank You

THE MURDER OF MEREDITH KERCHER WIKI
PMF ON TWITTER
PMF FORUM RULES
Top Profile E-mail 
 Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]