Judge Massei Sentencing Report     The Meredith Kercher Fund     The Murder Of Meredith Kercher Wiki     True Justice For Meredith Kercher     Judge Nencini Sentencing Report 

Last visit was: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:56 pm
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:56 pm
All times are UTC

Forum rules

Unable to look at pictures of Meredith's Body is an act

Moderators: Nell, Ergon, Michael, Moderators

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ]

Offline stint7

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:42 pm   Post subject: Unable to look at pictures of Meredith's Body is an act   

I personally believe that Amanda's refusal to look at pictures of Meredith's body in Court today is just another phony act, probably orchestrated and choreographed by her Attorneys and/or the FOA crew, or even possibly StepDaddy Mellas.

Consider how her act today compares with her her actions before the trial started.

Robin Butterworth, one of Meredith's friends stated about her meeting with Amanda:
"She kept talking about how she found Meredith, and seemed proud of being the first to find her.
She behaved as if she was not upset"
"I remember one thing that really upset me. [Ms Kercher's friend] Natalie said, 'I hope she wasn't in too much pain.' Amanda said, 'What do you think? She f***ing bled to death.' At that point no one had told us how Meredith died."

Does that seem like the same person who is now too upset to be able to look at a picture of Meredith ??
Top Profile 

Offline shae

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:50 pm   Post subject:    

I think that's a little harsh. First of all, you can't get an accurate portrayal of how she felt without all the context. HOW did she seem proud to find Meredith's body? Because she didn't appear upset? These are just observations made by people who have only known Amanda a few hours at a highly stressful time.
Secondly, Amanda was there when the body was found so, yeah, she would know how she was killed and that she bled to death. Her retort to Meredith's friend wasn't fair but it shows the death affected her as well. I'm only saying this because I think I would have acted the same way.
This case is focusing too much on Amanda's personality and looks when it should be focusing more on the facts. If you want to look at her actions... she was the one who called the cops and she stayed in Italy when she could have left before becoming a suspect to her roommate's murder. Does that sound like a murderer? Everything else are just little character flaws and misunderstandings.
Top Profile 

Offline Skeptical Bystander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:14 pm   Post subject:    

Shae wrote:

Quote:
She was the one who called the cops and she stayed in Italy when she could have left before becoming a suspect to her roommate's murder.

This is not true. Knox did not call the cops. Whether or not she left the country is no indication of guilt or innocence. Lots of murderers get caught because they cannot pull themselves away from the scene.

Offline Bentro

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:00 pm   Post subject:    

All of the Knox antics reported so far have made me wonder if the young lady is mentally unstable? If so then applying logical analysis to unhinged behaviour is a waste of time surely? Do Italian courts have sanity checks made upon the accused?
Top Profile 

Offline rach

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:12 pm   Post subject:    

hi shae..when Meredith's door was kicked in and the scene revealed, as far as i've read amanda was not in the hallway with the other roomates & friends present, but somewhere else in the house. the postal officer that realized what they had discovered took charged and closed the room/scene. none of the friends present from anything i've read actually pulled the duvet back & saw how she had died. so why do u think amanda knew that she had bleed to death? it doesnt sound like any other friends were aware of that fact
maybe this sounds harsh but i think (for whats its worth) that amanda wouldnt even think of heading home to seattle with so much excitement going on right there and she was right in the middle of it..couldnt pass that up. even someone not given to crying in public i doubt would be laying her feet across her boyfriend's lap while she giggles and makes cross-eyes faces at him and sticks out her tongue while sitting in the police station surrounded by people crying hours after her "friend's" bloodied body was found just feet from where she lays her head at night. something is completely twisted in that picture
Top Profile 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:15 pm   Post subject:    

I think that had she left on the next plane, she would only have aroused more suspicion than she did. Surely she is smart enough to have thought that one through.
Also, the English friends of Meredith went back to England after they were heard by police and cleared of any involvement. This was simply not the case for Knox, who was heard several times but not cleared and released. She had no choice but to stick around.
Incidentally, her mother Edda Mellas has said in interviews that her German relatives felt something was amiss because Amanda was being interviewed so intensively. My guess is that this is why Edda decided to go to Italy. She may have wished to comfort her daughter, but as a mother she must have known something was not quite right.

Offline ibrulz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:25 am   Post subject:    

Probably should have jumped on a plane the first chance she had, guilty or not, considering how ridiculously insane the italian justice system has been portrayed globally....amanda, get out of bizarrio land as fast as you can!
Top Profile 

Offline Fly by Night

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:38 pm   Post subject: What?   

ibrulz wrote:
Probably should have jumped on a plane the first chance she had, guilty or not, considering how ridiculously insane the italian justice system has been portrayed globally....amanda, get out of bizarrio land as fast as you can!

iburlz: you know nothing about the Italian justice system other than what you have seen on TV - but you think Knox, a key witness, should have fled the country? You make no sense at all.
Top Profile 

Offline Motorhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:45 am   Post subject:    

Skeptical Bystander wrote:
Shae wrote:

Quote:
She was the one who called the cops and she stayed in Italy when she could have left before becoming a suspect to her roommate's murder.

This is not true. Knox did not call the cops. Whether or not she left the country is no indication of guilt or innocence. Lots of murderers get caught because they cannot pull themselves away from the scene.

That's bull and has no basis.
Top Profile 

Offline Hungarian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:39 am   Post subject:    

Its not bull, Motorhead, SB formulates very carefully and elegantly. A lot of criminals don't leave -- it is a commonplace. Of course this is no proof against AK, but its not bull, Motorhead. Please, try to concentrate, and read the stuff you can read on this site: it is very rich, and I can assure you, not everybody is of the same opinion, but they can discuss their doubts civilly, and not saying "bull" all the time. Take care.
Top Profile 

Offline Motorhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:03 pm   Post subject:    

Hungarian wrote:
Its not bull, Motorhead, SB formulates very carefully and elegantly. A lot of criminals don't leave -- it is a commonplace. Of course this is no proof against AK, but its not bull, Motorhead. Please, try to concentrate, and read the stuff you can read on this site: it is very rich, and I can assure you, not everybody is of the same opinion, but they can discuss their doubts civilly, and not saying "bull" all the time. Take care.

There is no basis for that comment. Some criminals RETURN to the scene of the crime, but it is no way true for every case, or even a vast majority.

To say they all stay? Doubtful that can be backed up with scientific fact.
Top Profile 

Offline Motorhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:04 pm   Post subject:    

Hungarian wrote:

There is no basis for that comment. Some criminals RETURN to the scene of the crime, but it is no way true for every case, or even a vast majority.

Top Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:17 pm   Post subject:    

Motorhead wrote:

Quote:
Hungarian wrote:

Nobody has said it is true for all or most cases. Crime analysis uses scientific methods but crime itself, particularly the bahavior of criminals, cannot be reduced to "scientific fact". Things are often done for no good reason or look non-sensical to observers. Humans are complex and behave in complex ways.

I echo Hungarian's sentiment about your tone, however.

Offline Michael

Site Admin

Highscores: 113

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:44 pm   Post subject: LOCKING THREAD   

I am now locking this thread. Too many open threads make the forum confusing for visitors and place more demands on Moderators who are already spread rather thinly, to monitor them. If you believe any points raised in this topic to be worthy of further discussion, please debate them in the Main Discussion Thread in The Murder of Meredith Kercher forum.

Thank You

THE MURDER OF MEREDITH KERCHER WIKI
PMF ON TWITTER
PMF FORUM RULES
Top Profile E-mail 
 Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ]