Judge Massei Sentencing Report     The Meredith Kercher Fund     The Murder Of Meredith Kercher Wiki     True Justice For Meredith Kercher     Judge Nencini Sentencing Report 

Last visit was: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:33 pm
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:33 pm
All times are UTC

Forum rules

"efficiency" of the trial

Moderators: Nell, Ergon, Michael, Moderators

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]

Offline martin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:41 am   Post subject: "efficiency" of the trial   

Miss represented wrote that there is no sharper wolf than mignini. I think he is rather blunt than sharp. he had 14 months to prepare the case and instead of focussing on the crucial points like a) motive, b) murder weapon and c) proof that the defendants have been present at the crime scene, he is waisting time
and money with rubbish like pink vibrators, cartwheels and not flushing the toilet.
How is it possible that a defendant is beeing held in custody for such a long time before the trial starts? How is it possible that lumumba was languishing
14 days in jail until finally sombody checked his alibi and found out that the dna traces at the crime scene did not belong to him?

please don't missunderstand me, i am not saying that there is no evidence against ak and rs, but the only tangible result until now has been the testimony
of the grocer (ak at 7.45am in his convinience store). Why waisting all this time with useless witnesses that can't contribute anything tangible?
If i was one of the jurors, i would be very displeased with mignini's performance - i would not be interested in listening to some british girls of how much they dislike ak and rs, i would like mignini to tell me why they killed poor meredith and what kind of undisputed evidence he has against them.
Top Profile E-mail 

Offline FinnMacCool

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:50 am   Post subject:    

Hello Martin -

Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito have opted for the "full trial" - which means that all the relevant witnesses are called and questioned. Rudy Guede opted for the shortened trial, and was convicted in a much shorter time. (Defendants who opt for the shortened trial are entitled to a reduction in their sentence, if found guilty - obviously the shortened trials are much cheaper to run.)

You're mistaken about Lumumba's time in custody; his alibi was checked as soon as he was arrested. There were problems with it, which needed to be resolved. For example, Le Chic's first till receipt was timestamped at around ten twenty (ie after the murder was supposed to have taken place). In addition, cell phone triangulation appeared to place him in the vicinity of the cottage at around eight thirty. (This was checked and discredited.) Finally, the key witness (the academic whom Lumumba had chatted to for most of the evening) had unfortunately returned to Switzerland. The police located this man, and paid for his return flight to Perugia - his testimony proved key in deciding to release Patrick Lumumba. That whole process took about two weeks.

During that time, weighed against Lumumba there was eyewitness testimony effectively naming him as the killer (at the very least, it placed him with the victim at the scene of the crime). This testimony, from Amanda Knox, was not withdrawn while Lumumba was incarcerated - she apologised to him only after he was released by the police.

Offline martin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:59 pm   Post subject:    

Hi FinnMcCool,
when i wrote this post, i was upset because i finally wanted to hear about the motive, why meredith had to die. Then the machine wrote
back that i will never be able to understand the killers, because they do not share our sense for
logic and empathy. I think now that he is right,
that we will never understand what might have
driven these people. Your irish location "Cio...",
is this the name of a city or a county/province?
Top Profile E-mail 

Offline FinnMacCool

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:14 pm   Post subject:    

It's the name of a town, and the name of the country.
Top Profile 

Offline Michael

Site Admin

Highscores: 113

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:48 pm   Post subject: LOCKING THREAD   

I am now locking this thread. Too many open threads make the forum confusing for visitors and place more demands on Moderators who are already spread rather thinly, to monitor them. If you believe any points raised in this topic to be worthy of further discussion, please debate them in the Main Discussion Thread in The Murder of Meredith Kercher forum.

Thank You

THE MURDER OF MEREDITH KERCHER WIKI
PMF ON TWITTER
PMF FORUM RULES
Top Profile E-mail 
 Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]